This Cinnamon French Toast Bake recipe from Pillsbury has been making the rounds on my social media feed, so today, seeing as I had all of the ingredients on hand, I decided to make it for my dad. I’m not much of a breakfast person, but my dad can eat breakfast foods morning, noon, and night. Note that I halved the recipe since I was making this for only one person; but below is the recipe for the full size version.
CINNAMON FRENCH TOAST BAKE
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cans (12.4 ounce each) Pillsbury Refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls with Icing
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Pour melted butter into an ungreased 9×13-inch baking pan
- Open cans of rolls, setting aside the icing. Separate the rolls and cut each roll into 8 pieces. Place the pieces of cinnamon rolls over the butter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. Add in the heavy cream, cinnamon, and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Sprinkle pecans on top of egg mixture.
- Pour maple syrup over the top.
- Bake for 20-28 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the metal covers from the icing containers and microwave the icing for 15 seconds until thin enough to drizzle.
- Drizzle the icing over the top of the bake and serve.