If you are looking for an easy vegetable side dish, this recipe for Slow Cooker Glazed Carrots is for you! There are only four ingredients, and they are ready in less than five hours. These are perfect for Christmas, Easter, or with a ham or roast for dinner anytime of the year!
You can easily double or triple this recipe by adjusting the amount of brown sugar and butter per pound of carrots. When I made these, I used two pounds of carrots; so I then used one cup of brown sugar and a half a stick of margarine.
Note that while this is a slow cooker recipe, you’ll want to be home while these cook as you do need to stir them every hour. I actually made these after dinner one night so that my dad could have them for dinner the next night as they reheated easily.
SLOW COOKER GLAZED CARROTS
- At least one pound of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar for every one pound of carrots
- 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine for every one pound of carrots, cut into small pieces
- A pinch of salt
- Put carrots, brown sugar, butter/margarine and salt into a slow cooker, stirring until combined.
- Cover and set on HIGH for 4-5 hours, stirring every hour, until carrots are tender and easy to cut through with a fork.