We have been making this cornbread corn casserole in my family for years; in the recipe book, it’s actually called Country-Style Scalloped Corn. However, I’ve renamed it so that I can remember it’s the one with the cornbread in it!
This is incredibly easy to make as you just mix together the ingredients in one bowl and then pour the mixture into a baking dish. You get the benefit of having the vegetable AND the bread all in one pan!
CORNBREAD CORN CASSEROLE
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 16-ounce can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 16-ounce can of cream style corn
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 box of corn bread muffin mix
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 7×11-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter/margarine, eggs, corn, creamed corn, and sour cream together under well blended.
- Add in the dry corn bread muffin mix and stir until blended.
- Pour mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until edges start to brown.