I tried a new recipe today: Toffee Bars! I found these in the monthly food magazine that HyVee sends out and thought they sounded good. These are very, very, VERY rich; I normally cut bars into 16 squares, but for this, I cut them into 32 two-bite pieces as they are just so decadent. Definitely serve these with a big glass of cold milk!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Milk Chocolate Hershey Bars
- 1 cup chopped pecan, toasted (I just popped them into the toaster oven for 5 minutes)
- 1 cup toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a 9×13-inch cake pan with foil, draping foil over the edge of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened butter on high for 30 seconds.
- Add in brown sugar, eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Add in flour and salt, mixing until combined.
- Spread mixture into pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place chocolate bars on top; allow to sit for 2 minutes until chocolate has melted enough to be spread evenly over the bars.
- Sprinkle the pecans and toffee chips on top of the chocolate.
- Cool before cutting.