The one thing I am asked to bring to every single family get-together are my Deviled Eggs! I honestly think they are the only reason my family even invites me over! 😉
I use the unusual combination of Miracle Whip and sugar in my eggs. Yes, sugar! The sugar gives these egg such a wonderful sweet flavor that is very different from the sour, tart eggs that most people prepare.
I don’t use exact measurements for these eggs, instead relying on my years of experience to get them just right. However, I will give you the basic instructions and let you use your own taste if you decide to make these yourself. 🙂
- Hard-boiled eggs, cooled
- Miracle Whip
- Paprika (for garnish)
- Once eggs have been hard-boiled and cooled, slice them in half vertically and scoop the yellow yolks into a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, use a hand or stand mixer.
- Beat eggs until they are broken down into small crumbs. Add in a heaping spoon of Miracle Whip and beat. Keep adding in Miracle Whip until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in sugar to taste. I estimate that I used 2 tablespoons of sugar per one dozen eggs.
- To easily pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white shells, take a wide glass or mug and put a plastic bag inside with the edges folded over the rim. Spoon the egg mixture into the bag.
- Snip off one corner of the bag and pipe the mixture into the egg white shells.
- For garnish, sprinkle on paprika.
I also filmed a video of this recipe: