This recipe is very similar to my Cheesy Bacon Potato Slow Cooker Soup, except this version doesn’t contain ham/bacon or onion. I actually prefer this version to the one with the bacon!
Note that while this is a slow cooker recipe, I find it best to be able to stir it at least a few times during the day in order to break down the cheese and for everything to combine.
5-INGREDIENT CHEESY POTATO SLOW COOKER SOUP
- 1 30-ounce package of frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 32-ounce box of chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 8-ounce package of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- In a slow cooker, stir frozen hash browns, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, and shredded cheese together until well combined.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-hours (can also cook on HIGH for 4 hours). Stir several times through the cooking process to ensure that the cheese melts all the way down.
- In the last hour of cooking, cube the cream cheese and add it to the slow cooker, stirring every 15 minutes until it is melted and combined.