I noticed this recipe being shared on Facebook under the name “Hawaiian Salad”, and I even saved it myself thinking it looked like something my dad would like. When I went to research it further, I found out it was really just Ambrosia Salad being called a new name! I actually like the “Hawaiian” part, so I’ve named my version Hawaiian Ambrosia Salad! 🙂
HAWAIIAN AMBROSIA SALAD
- 15-ounce can of cherry fruit cocktail, drained
- 15-ounce can of mandarin oranges, drained
- small can of pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
- 3 cups of mini marshmallows
- 2 and a half cups of flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I used walnuts, but macadamia nuts would make this really “Hawaiian!)
- 1 tub of Cool Whip
- Drain canned fruits and combine them in a large bowl.
- Add marshmallows, coconut and nuts into fruit, mixing well.
- Fold in Cool Whip until everything is well combined.
- Let set in refrigerator at least one hour prior to serving to give the flavors a chance to blend together.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.