This casserole is very similar to my Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole except that I double the soup and leave out the ham! This is so easy to put together; you can assemble it early in the day and then pop it in the oven for dinner.
CHEESY CHICKEN CASSEROLE
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut up into bite sized pieces
- 8 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 box of Stove Top Stuffing
- 1 stick of butter/margarine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 12×8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Arranged chicken pieces on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer Swiss cheese slices on top of chicken.
- In a bowl, mix together soup, milk and peas. Pour over Swiss cheese layer.
- Pour dry Stove Top stuffing (right out of the box – don’t actually make the stuffing) on top of soup mixture, pressing down to get the stuffing into soup a bit.
- Pour the melted butter on top of the dry stuffing.
- Cover and bake for 50 minutes.