If you like Rice Krispie Treats, peanut butter, and chocolate, then you will LOVE Scotcheroos! These are a popular dessert here in Iowa, and once you make them, you’ll be adding them to your recipe book, too! There are several slight variations out there, but this is mine.
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Place corn syrup and sugar into 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter. Mix well.
- Add the cereal into than pan, OR have the cereal in a larger bowl and pour the mixture on top. Stir until well coated.
- Press mixture into a jelly roll pan that you have sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a double boiler (or in the microwave), melt the semi-sweet, milk chocolate, and butterscotch chips together. Spread over the Rice Krispies.
- To set the chocolate faster, put the pan in the fridge for half and hour. Cut into squares and store in an air-tight container.