When I did a Google search for 7-Layer Jell-O, tons of different versions popped up. However, this is the one that my family has always made. It takes about 24-hours to make but it is well worth it!
Some of the flavors can be hard to find depending on your area (I always struggle to find orange-pineapple), so feel free to substitute whatever flavors you are able to find.
7-LAYER JELL-O SALAD
- 1 can of Evaporated Milk
- 3-ounces boxes of the following Jell-O flavors:
- Black Cherry
- Use a 9×13-inche cake pan. I like to use a glass pan so that you can see the layers.
- 1st Layer: Pour Black Cherry Jell-O mix into a small bowl. Pour in 3/4 cup of hot water, stirring until dissolved. Pour in 3/4 cup of cold water and stir well. Pour into pan and put into the fridge to set.
- 2nd Layer: After the first layer has set, pour the Cherry Jell-O mix into a small bowl. Pour in 1/2 cup of hot water, stirring until dissolved. Pour in 1/2 cup of cold water and stir well. Pour in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk and stir well. Pour over the first layer and return to the fridge to set.
- Prepare the Lime layer like the 1st.
- Prepare the Lemon layer like the 2nd.
- Prepare the Orange layer like the 1st.
- Prepare the Orange-Pineapple layer like the 2nd.
- Prepare the Strawberry layer like the 1st.
- Store in the fridge covered. Can serve with whipped topping, if desired.