If you are looking for a way to jazz up that boring cranberry sauce, this recipe is for you! I originally saw this featured on a Paula Deen cooking show, and I have been making it for my dad ever since. He loves it for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter…and I even make it for him during non-holiday times!
LAYERED CRANBERRY SALAD
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans plus more for topping
- 1 can of cranberry sauce, either whole or jellied, whichever you prefer
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in mayo and beat together well. Add in 1/2 cup chopped pecans and beat until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix up cranberry sauce with a fork until it is well mixed and no “can ring marks” remain.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a glass dish. Spread the cranberries on top. Top with additional chopped pecans.
- Store tightly covered in the fridge.