If you haven’t made homemade granola before, you have been missing out! This recipe is easy to make, tastes amazing, and is healthy, too! You can vary the nuts and dried fruits if you would like; but the combination of almonds and cranberries is so good. I eat this as a cold cereal with milk, but you would also warm it up. My dad likes it sprinkled over yogurt.
CANBERRY ALMOND GRANOLA
- 4 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and 1/2 cups of dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, heat up the oil and honey together. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour the warmed liquid over the oat mixture, stirring gently until the oats are coated.
- Spread in a jelly roll pan and bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool completely before adding in the dried cranberries.
- Store in an airtight container.
Watch this video on my YouTube channel where I made this granola: