I have been making these Cheesecake Brownies for years; they are super easy to put together and are always a bit hit! The base is a boxed brownie mix made according to package directions (make sure to use a 9×13-inch size), and the topping is simply a mixture of cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. You can also sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top before backing for added texture and, of course, more chocolate!
- 1 box 9×13-inch brownie mix, made according to package directions
- 8-ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease or spray with cooking spray a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Mix brownie batter according to package directions and spread in pan.
- Using a mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the sugar and beat well. Add in vanilla and egg, mixing until combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the brownie batter. Using a knife, cut through the batter to marbleize the cream cheese into the brownie batter. You can top with 1/2-1 cup of mini chocolate chips at this point, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes, or until cream cheese topping starts to brown slightly. Keep tightly covered in the refrigerator.