I had a major craving for cheesy breadsticks today, but I didn’t feel like heading out to a pizza joint. So I did some web browsing and from a few different recipes put together one of my own. I have to say these turned out so much better than the ones you get at restaurants….and it was so easy as I just used a Pillsbury pizza crust (yup, the one in the can)!
EASY CHEESY BREADSTICKS
- Pillsbury pizza crust
- 4 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (I really like garlic, but you could leave this out)
- 1 cup (or more if you really like a lot of cheese!) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Pop open the Pillsbury pizza dough and arrange it on the cookie sheet
- Melt the butter/margarine and add in the Parmesan and garlic (optional). Spread this mixture evenly over the pizza dough.
- Top with the shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake for 12 minutes
- Slice into sticks and serve with marinara or ranch dressing for dipping