As soon as I saw this recipe for Chewy S’mores Squares during a Mr. Food segment on the local news, I printed it out and made it! This is so easy to put together and is a great way to have s’mores without all of the mess. I left out the nuts in mine, but they still turned out great. You can definitely play around with the flavor of chips and different kinds of nuts; I used milk chocolate chips this time but can see using semi-sweet, white and/or peanut butter chips in the future.
CHEWY S’MORES SQUARES
- 24 graham crackers (12 double crackers)
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of prepared baking dish with graham crackers. Evenly sprinkle marshmallows, chocolate chips, and walnuts (optional) over crackers.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and brown sugar, stirring constantly. Drizzle over the top.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Let cool, then cut into squares.