I love bleu cheese salad dressing at restaurants, but I’ve never been happy with the grocery store varieties. I found this recipe many years ago and have made it dozens of times since. I usually make a double batch because it is so good!
I highly recommend the Kraft Bleu Cheese Crumbles; the dressing turns out so much better and lasts longer with them than with any other bleu cheese I have tried. With the Hidden Cove brand, for instance, the dressing turns runny the next day. I have no idea why, but go with the Kraft!
BLEU CHEESE DRESSING
- 4-ounces of cream cheese (half a large brick)
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup mayo (I use Miracle Whip)
- 1 package bleu cheese crumbles (I strongly recommend the Kraft Crumbles!)
- In a food processor, blend cream cheese, half-and-half and mayo until well mixed.
- Add in bleu cheese and mix until desired consistency. Mix less for more bleu cheese crumbles; mix more for a smoother dressing.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.