We all have the recipe for the classic savory Chex Mix, but did you know there are SWEET versions, too? This Double Chocolate Caramel Chex Mix is super rich; in fact, it’s so decadent that you can easily skip the white chocolate drizzle and candy add-ins as they may be too much for some people. I myself prefer to leave those two ingredients out as the mix is sweet enough without them.
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CHEX MIX
- 8 cups (1 box) Chocolate Chex Cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons of light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 cup M&M’s (optional)
- Pour cereal into large microwaveable bowl.
- Line a cookie sheet or jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl, mix together the brown sugar, butter/margarine and corn syrup. Cook on high for 1 minute. Stir. Cook on high for another minute.
- Remove the mixture from the mirowave and add in the baking soda, stirring until it dissolves.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and stir to coat. Microwave for 3 minutes, stirring after every minutes.
- Spread cereal mixture onto the wax paper. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave. Remove mix from fridge and drizzle with the melted white chocolate. Return to fridge for 20 minutes.
- Remove mix from the fridge and break into bite-size pieces. Store in an air-tight container.