I first tried a version of this recipe after watching one of my fellow Ebayers make it on YouTube. After making it with both round steak and stew meat, I recently change to ground beef as it is cheaper, faster, and easier!
One pound of ground beef makes this dish much meatier than using a cut of beef; in fact, you could easily use only half a pound and still have a very meaty dish. Or you could double the sauce, use the full pound of ground beef, and add more noodles to make it stretch even further
SLOW COOKER GARLIC BEEF STROGANOFF
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped (or dried equivalent)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or jarred equivalent)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, dissolve bouillon in one cup of boilingwater
- Add the soup, onion, garlic and Worcestershire sauce
- In a skillet, brown ground beef
- Transfer the beef to the sauce in the slow cooker
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours
- During the last hour of cooking, add in cream cheese. Stir a few times over the last hour until melted.
- Boil egg noodles, drain, and add to sauce.