I think most people have a version of these Peanut Butter Blossom cookie in their recipe box. This is the version my mom always made, so it’s the only one I’ve ever known. I use a cookie scoop to make each cookie the same, perfect size. If I have any leftover kisses, I melt them down and then drizzle the chocolate over the cooled cookies so that you get some chocolate in every bite!
PEANUT BUTTER BLOSSOMS
- 3 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine (I use Blue Bonnet margarine)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 1 bag of Hershey’s chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Small bowl of sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, mix the sugars, butter/margaine, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla together, beating well.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Form dough into balls (I use a cookie scoop to ensure they are the same size) and roll each ball of dough in sugar. Place on cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes. Take out of the oven and immediately top with a Hershey’s Kiss.