The recipe for these bars has been in my family for years. I grew up eating them every fall; but when I was old enough to make them myself, I doubled the Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. After all, the frosting is the best part!
PUMPKIN BARS WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) of pumpkin
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- Cream Cheese Frosting (see recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a jelly roll pan
- Bake for 25 minutes, then test the center with a toothpick to see if it comes out clean. If not, continue to bake.
Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- 6 cups of powdered sugar
- Beat until ingredients are combined and frosting is smooth.
- Frost and store bars covered in the refrigerator.