Today was Father’s Day, but since I am still under the weather, we weren’t able to go out to celebrate. However, I was able to get into the kitchen to whip my dad up a batch of these Cinnamon Sugar Donut Mini Muffins! These are super easy to make and give you all of the flavor of a sugar donut without the unhealthiness of being fried.
CINNAMON SUGAR DONUT MINI MUFFINS
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar mixed with 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 24- cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Pour into egg mixture and mix.
- Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla; mix to combine.
- Fill 12 standard-size muffin cups or 24 mini-muffiin cups with the batter.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Muffins are done when toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Overturn pan to release muffins. Dip the tops of each into the melted butter, and the roll the top in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Allow to completely cool on a foil covered cookie sheet or wire rack.