If you are on Pinterest, you’ve likely seen this recipe pinned numerous times. It is a Weight Watchers cobbler made with just three ingredients: frozen fruit, cake mix, and 7-Up. My dad LOVES fruit cobbler, so this recipe has been on my to-make list for awhile. I finally got the frozen fruit today (thanks to Target coupons!) and it just came out of the oven. He has already eaten a bowl full and declared it a winner!
The original recipe calls for no-sugar added fruit, yellow cake mix and Diet 7-Up. I have seen other versions using white cake mix, and I used regular 7-Up instead of diet.You can also use Sprite or any other lemon-lime cola. As you can see from the picture of the finished cobbler, some of the cake mix didn’t get covered with 7-Up, resulting in a few areas of puddled up dry mix. It’s not a big deal, though; you can just mix it up in the cobbler when serving.
3-INGREDIENT FRUIT COBBLER
- 2 pounds of frozen fruit (I used strawberries, and I actually only had 24-ounces)
- 1 box of yellow or white cake mix
- 1 can (12 ounces) of 7-Up or Sprite, regular or diet (or any kind of lemon-lime soda)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour fruit into a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Sprinkle the entire box of dry cake mix over the fruit.
- Pour the entire can of soda pop over the dry cake mix.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 40 minutes.