This recipe is super easy and gives you the taste of lasagna without all of the work! You can also make this meatless by leaving out the ground beef. We don’t eat much meat in my house, so I’ve actually never made this with the beef. I think it tastes just as good without it!
Be sure to let this stand 10 minutes before serving. Trust me – I always cut into it to soon and it runs all over the pan. It definitely needs time to set up after baking!
- 1 8-ounce package spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you can use fresh or the jarred stuff)
- 1 24-ounce container of ricotta cheese
- 1 pound ground beef – optional
- 1 28-ounce jar of pasta sauce
- 1 8-ounce package shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Spray a 13×9-inch cake pan with cooking spray
- Combine hot cooked spaghetti with butter until melted. Toss with 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange spaghetti into an even layer in the pan.
- Spread ricotta cheese over spaghetti. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese over the ricotta.
- If using beef, brown and then add in pasta sauce. Spread beef and sauce mixture over cheese layer. If not using meat, then just pour the sauce by itself over the cheese layer.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.