This is my absolute all-time favorite chicken recipe! It is very rich and buttery…and it tastes even better cold (to me, at least). You can prep this ahead of time, keep it in the refrigerator and then pop it the oven an hour before you want to eat.
CRUNCHY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I like to cut mine into smaller, chicken-strip sized pieces so that each piece gets lots of the breading)
- 1 sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (yes, the kind in the green jar!)
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup melted butter or margarine
- Melt butter in a bowl
- Mix crackers, Parm cheese, garlic and parsley in another bowl
- Coat each piece of chicken first in butter, then in the cracker mix. Place in an even layer in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.