This is the BEST pumpkin bread I have ever had. Normally I have to spread some butter on pumpkin bread to give it a little extra flavor, but I can eat this one plain. It is SO good that it will now be the only pumpkin bread I make!
This was originally supposed to go into the crockpot; however, my loaf pan wouldn’t fit into my slow cooker. So, I put it in the oven and it came out perfectly. I personally think the crockpot version adds more work to the process, so putting it in the oven worked out much better for me. What I also love about this recipe is that is used an entire can of pumpkin. Most other recipes only use 1 cup, which means you end up wasting the rest.
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 can of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup of flour (sifted)
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, blend the oil, white sugar and brown sugar, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and can of pumpkin.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake for an hour. Put a piece of foil over the top and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let cool and store in an airtight container.