The other day I decided to try another recipe I found on Pinterest: Oreo Layer Dessert! This is one of the first items I ever pinned on Pinterest, and it looked like an easy recipe. I had all of the ingredients on hand, except I only have 1 small box of pudding rather than a large box; so I divided the recipe in half. For just me and my dad, this still made plenty!
OREO LAYER DESSERT
- 1 package of Oreos (Use regular, not double stuff. I save money by buying Target’s Market Pantry brand, which taste exactly the same.)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 large or 2 small packages of instant chocolate pudding
- 2 8-ounce containers of Cool Whip
- 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Crush the cookies (cream and all) in a food processor or in a bag. Save 1/2 cup to sprinkle on top of finished dessert. Mix crumbs with melted butter and press mixture into a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to package directions and put in refrigerator to set.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and mix well. Fold in 1 container of Cool Whip. Spread this mixture on top of cookie crust.
- Pour pudding on top of cream cheese layer.
- Top with the other container of Cool Whip and sprinkle the 1/2 cup of cookie crumbs on top.
- Cover and refrigerate.