This is a new recipe to me but one that has been around for years. My dad remembers both my great aunt and my mom making it frequently. I love desserts that are super easy and that everyone seems to love – this one has been a big hit with my family!
JELL-O POKE CAKE
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box JELL-O, any flavor (I used strawberry)
- Cool Whip or whipped cream
- Prepare cake according to package directions. Bake in a 9×13 cake pan. Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix JELL-O powder with 1 1//2 cups of boiling water, stirring until dissolved. Add in 1/2 cup of cold water and mix well.
- Poke holes all over the cake. I find using a chopstick works well.
- Pour JELL-O slowly over the cake, making sure it is spread evenly and is soaking into the holes.
- Refrigerate. Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream.